Clay Date (Wheel Throwing) – Sunday 6/6
Dates: Sunday, June 6
Price: $120 per couple (clay, glaze, firing, and instruction included). Tools available for purchase at Clay Studio. Pricing is per couple – each Clay Date accommodates up to 3 couples.
Description: Take your date to Clay Studio! Grab your significant other or friend and take a crash course on the wheel. Over the course of 2 hours you will join up to 2 other couples to learn the fundamentals of wheel throwing. Each person will make a finished product which Clay Studio will then fire and glaze (participants will choose from a selection of glazes that studio staff will then apply). Your pieces will be ready to pick up 2 weeks after your date.
Instructor: Jacob Adivi
About your instructor: Jacob Adivi is an LA native who recently moved to Santa Barbara. Since Jacob was eight-years-old, the malleability and plasticity of clay has served as his therapy. He applied his appreciation for art as an executive youth board member of the LA Museum of the Holocaust where he has curated exhibits and displayed his ceramic work. Through the museum, Jacob co-founded the non-profit L’Dough V’Dough, where intergenerational sessions focused on tolerance and storytelling are now held on college campuses across the U.S.
COVID Safety: Clay Studio has implemented safety protocols recommended by the Santa Barbara County Department of Public Health, and has been inspected and advised by a local infectious disease expert. Please note the following protocols we have put in place to help limit the spread of COVID-19 in the community:
- Wheel classes are capped at 6 people and one instructor. Instruction will be offered at a distance of 6 feet.
- Staff has undergone safety training and sanitizes the studio multiple times per day.
- Clay Studio will have masks for sale as well as sanitizing gel, soap and a no-touch thermometer available at the studio.
- Staff and class participants required to wear masks at all times, and must sanitize and wash hands frequently.
- All students must read and sign our studio safety guidelines before their first class.
- We are continuing to monitor COVID-19 updates in our community on a daily basis. While we have been advised by the Santa Barbara County Department of Public Health that we are permitted to open our doors at a limited capacity, we understand that the situation may change.