Raku Workshop – Saturday 1/8
Dates: Saturday, January 8th
Time: 10 AM – 3 PM
- -$75 (includes instruction, demonstration, glazing, and raku firing)
- -$45 for Studio Members and students of ongoing Clay Studio classes (please call the studio to book)
- -$20 per piece of bisqueware if you do not have your own to glaze (max 2 per person)
Description: Experience the magic of raku pottery at our Saturday January 8th workshop! You will learn the history of raku pottery, examine inspiring examples and participate in different glazing techniques. Raku pottery is a traditional Japanese firing technique that requires the pots to be removed from the kiln while they are still red hot and then placed into a container with combustible materials. Once the pot is placed into the container, the lid is closed, and the smokey atmosphere will react with the glaze to create dazzling effects. All work will be available to take home the same day.
- -You are welcome to bring up to 2 bisqueware pieces to glaze (must be clay purchased from Clay Studio)
- -Participants must wear close-toed shoes, jeans or cotton. No pants with synthetic fabric.
- -If you are interested in horsehair raku, you must provide your own.
Instructor: Molly Gwitt
About your instructor: Bio coming soon!