Clay Studio is thrilled to offer Outdoor Clay Camp this summer!
Clay is the perfect artistic vehicle for children to explore the elements and foundations of art and design. These elements include color, line, shape, form, texture, space, and value.
Highly trained art instructors with years of teaching children within the Santa Barbara community will share their insight and knowledge around art, design, and the importance of environmental respect. A multifaceted curriculum allows children to engage in hands-on art projects in an outdoor setting, with daily trips inside the studio to interact with potters’ wheels, the 3D clay printer, kilns and more.
Each week has a theme that will be expressed through hand-building and decorating with clay and will also explore other mediums. Your child can participate in a single week session or multiple weeks! No prior clay experience needed.
Outdoor Summer Camp Details
- Families must register for their session(s) in advance of coming to the studio.
- Summer cohorts are capped at 12 students.
- Sessions meet from 9am–3pm, Monday through Friday (except for Session 3).
- Families may register for one or multiple sessions.
- Clay and glaze will be provided. Families may purchase a children’s toolkit at the studio.
Clay Studio Safety Protocols
Clay Studio has implemented safety protocols recommended by the Santa Barbara County Department of Public Health, and has been inspected and advised by a local infectious disease expert. Please note the following protocols we have put in place to help limit the spread of COVID-19 in the community:
- Camp will primarily be held outdoors, with short trips inside the studio. Campers must maintain 6 feet distance at all times.
- Staff has undergone safety and emergency training.
- Clay Studio will have masks for sale as well as sanitizing gel, soap and a no-touch thermometer available at the studio.
- Staff and open studio participants required to wear masks at all times, and must sanitize and wash hands frequently.
- All families registered will receive COVID and safety guidelines prior to the first day of their session, which they will read and sign.
- We are continuing to monitor COVID-19 updates in our community on a daily basis. While we have been advised by the Santa Barbara County Department of Public Health that we are permitted to open our doors at a limited capacity, we understand that the situation may change.